Saturday, December 8, 2012

My First Smoke Pics



©JP Parmley
They say that once you start smoking, it can become habit forming.  Today I set up my first smoke picture experiment and I am starting to believe I'm hooked.  No two pictures will ever be the same and the imagination can run wild interpreting the smoke formations, much like one does with clouds. 

The set up for these pictures is very straight forward and easy to set up.  With a black background I have a strobe camera left.  With a 50mm prime lens mounted on a Canon 5D MII, I configured the shots at f7.1-16 and 160th, ISO 50.  I cranked up the flash to compensate for the small aperture and low ISO.  I spent $4 dollars on a hand full of incense sticks and off I went.

After converting the raw images to JPG, I imported them into Photoshop where a quick adjustment of the hue and saturation provided the color.  I am looking forward to shooting these again with my 24-70 2.8L macro lens as well.











No comments:

Post a Comment