Saturday, April 21, 2012

Rain Drops


Rain Drops
©JP Parmley

I had planned to get up today and get some shots of just random things and some shots at the Dragons game tonight.  I was disappointed when I woke up to a 40 degree raining day!  I walked outside to get a feel for what it was like outside and noticed that the rain drops were perfectly suspended in the shrub just outside our door. 

Sometimes you can find a perfect shot just by looking down.  I grabbed my 24-70mm 2.8L Macro lens and a Canon 7D body to get that extra zoom factor. I also took a few on the 5D Mark II body.   Using a tripod I captured a handful of images that came out fairly nice given the completely overcast sky.  Try adjusting your aperture from about 5-16 to see the differences in the depth of field.   I ran the images through Lightroom to reduce some noise and add a little contrast. After a quick crop, her you go.

If you don't have a macro lens, you can still take this picture.  Just make sure you set the picture to the full resolution so when you zoom in on it you have as much detail as possible.


Canon5DMII, 1/640th, f6.3, ISO1600

Canon 7D, 1/100th, f8, ISO2000

Canon 7D, 1/250th, f5.0, ISO2000



Enjoy,

JP

No comments:

Post a Comment