Friday, March 30, 2012

Morning Dew

This morning I noticed that the tulips were still closed up and had a small layer of dew.  This is a real easy shot to get if you are paying attention to the details.  There was a slight breeze so you want to make sure your shutter speed is bumped up a little.  I actually could have doubled what I shot this at to make it slightly sharper. 

For this pic I set the camera to a manual mode, then the shutter to 1/320th and the aperture to 7.1.  I then moved the ISO so that the light meter showed a correct exposure.  For this pic it was 125.  I am big fan of the limited depth of field that produces the blurred background (bokeh).  To get this blurred effect, you may normally think you need an aperture of around 2.8, but in this case I moved the lens as close to the flower as I could while still getting a focus.  This allowed me to get the bokeh with the higher aperture. I cropped the image slightly to bring the image a little closer.  A quick edit in Lightroom 3 enhanced the shadows and removed some of the glare coming off the bottom of the pedals.

Send me some of your flower pics and tell me how you set the shot up and I'll post them on the blog.

JP

Canon 5D MII, 70-200MM 2.8L IS

No comments:

Post a Comment