Sunday, May 6, 2012

Creating the Pics for "Drops in Motion"


Creating the Pics for "Drops in Motion"
©JP Parmley


Well I got several emails asking for me to create a video on how to create the water drop pictures.  

A few notes: 
  • Even if you don't have an external speed light flash, you can use the build in pop up flash that is standard on most consumer grade DSLRs.   Just make sure to turn down the power to about -2 to -2.5.  
  • Shoot in a RAW format.   I used Lightroom to process the files.  The only two adjustments that I made were contrast and noise reduction.  The noise reduction in Lightroom 3 or 4 does a great job of transforming these pictures
  • In the original pictures I turned the soft box light off. During this shoot, I left it on so the video would be clearer.  Take a look at these two pictures and the reflection of the light in the water drops.  I think I like this effect.


Here is the video: http://youtu.be/2ImYeOGhFZ0 

No comments:

Post a Comment