Thursday, March 7, 2013

Smoke on the Water

©JP Parmley

Smoke on the Water

Here is a quick edit to one of the smoke pictures taken last year.  I was looking to add a little more color and a shadow.  But after I was done experimenting in Photoshop Elements, I ended up with something a little more dramatic.

I started off in Photoshop with the original picture.  After I rotated it, I made independent selections and feathered them about 40 pixels before I added the hue and saturation adjustments.  Once I had the colors where I wanted them, I then applied a flood filter from Flaming Pear.  You can a get this filter here.  http://www.flamingpear.com/flood.html

Original Picture

Adjusted Hue and Saturation

Flaming Pear Flood Filter

The adjustments I made are shown in the picture to get the effect I landed on.  After the water effect was added, I imported the final picture into Lightroom and began some light sharpening and color saturation local adjustments.  It took about 10 minutes to finalize the edits.

I'm still waiting for the weather to break.  We have lots of engagement and wedding shoots to complete going into spring!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment